$3200 Antique German Strongbox, Center Key, 8 Latches Plus Lock Bolts, 17th Century
SKU : GS_9-03558
Condition: excellent for age… some weld repairs to locking mechanism, working well, closes, opens. One of the rear hinges is partially broken, could use repair, does not affect working or closure.
an intact 17th century European Strongbox.
• Probably manufactured in Nurnberg, Germany.
• In original green colour, with black square highlights.
• All hand forged, steel case, with center key to open all 8 latches at once.
• Note the pictures of the lock mechanism.
• A couple of small welded repairs, and one small piece of replacement steel .. otherwise 98% original.
• Lock works well, and all parts are present.
• Original key, working lock.
• Curved twisted rod iron handles, padlock latches.
• Casket reinforced with iron bands with a hinged lid.
• Truly a nice piece to find in this condition. Brought in by a customer who imported it direct from Germany, exact provenance unknown as it was a gift, but it is typical of South Western German strongboxes of the period.
• Willing to guarantee authenticity and age to buyer.
• Will ship worldwide, at buyer’s expense, with preferred systems of shipping, or we can provide quote using our own shippers here.
Antique German Strongbox, Center Key, 8 Latches Plus Lock Bolts, 17th Century
- Approximate Item Size in inches:
- Height: 22 inches
- Length: 38 inches
- Depth: 22 inches
- Approximate Weight: 150 Lbs.