$95 Tongue And Groove 3/8 Plane, Dryburgh, N.e. Hope, Ontario Initials D.m
SKU : GS_1-02772
Condition: Very good
A finely crafted two-directional tongue and groove plane. Complete with wedges, knives, and in good working order.
• J. Dyrburgh , an Ontario Planes maker, from Bright, Ontario.
• He also worked out of N.E Hope, Ontario and another location during his career.
• from http://genforum.genealogy.com/dryburgh/messages/103.html
• The guide to Canadian planemakers and hardware dealers list a John Dryburgh of Dundee scotland but then in a leap of logic, with no DEFINED connection lists a John Dryburgh active in Toronto Ont with sons Wm(b 1836) and John Jr (b. 1840)apparently on Agnes St. in Toronto. Then again active in N.E. Hope Ontario from some point between 1857 to 1892, at which point John Jr. turns up in Bright Ontario. this book lists activity up to 1906.
Tongue And Groove 3/8 Plane, Dryburgh, N.e. Hope, Ontario Initials D.m
- Approximate Item Size in inches:
- Height: 5 inches
- Length: 9.3 inches
- Depth: 1.5 inches
- Approximate Weight: 1.1 Lbs.