$260 Large Travelling Trunk, Domed Top, J. Kelly Brush Trunk, Corn Market, Belfast
SKU : GS_12-03825
Condition: Good, has all original bindings, shows some usage but all intact
Large traveling trunk with domed top
• Has original leather strappings
• Two side handles and rounded reinforced side edges
• J. Kelly Brush Trunk, Portman & Hand Bag Manufacturing
• 8 Corn Market, Belfast
• This trunk is made of interwoven cane parts for structure. It is covered with painted oilcloth material, and the inside is covered with a silky like white material.
• All to keep out the humidity during the long boat voyage to Canada. The brass lock is covered with leather for same reason, to guard against corrosion from sea salt air.
• It has two partial labels attached, saying “not wanted” — this was typical of trunks which were meant to be stored in the hold and NOT acccessed during the trip, and not needed in the cabins.
• A lovely piece of history, still in decent shape, and a great looking accent piece.
• first and only one I’ve ever seen, and given how it’s constructed I don’t expect to see many. While it is quite solid and robust, being made of cane probably means the few that arrived did not survive often.
• Truly a nice unique find.
Large Travelling Trunk, Domed Top, J. Kelly Brush Trunk, Corn Market, Belfast
- Approximate Item Size in inches:
- Height: 27 inches
- Length: 37 inches
- Depth: 24 inches
- Approximate Weight: 100 Lbs.